Here in the States, we were slammed with yet another snowstorm, even though it’s April. The dry and cold winter winds haven’t left us yet, and that means a lot more suffering for our skin. Luckily, I was able to scavenge around and find a perfect skincare product for winter skin, especially dry skin! Enter: Goodal’s Keratina Anti-aging Double Serum.
The Goodal Keratina Anti-Aging Double Serum is probably one of the most innovative serums that we have right now. There’s two versions, the original, and the light version. Since my skin isn’t dry or dehydrated, I chose to go for the light version, since I heard that the original version is really only for those with really dry skin.
There are two layers to the serum, with a 7:3 ratio of wild strawberry water to oils. This is taken out of the ClubClio description of the serum off amazon.
(1) Natural seed oil layer : delivers gentle moisture deep into skin with natural oils.
– Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil : Restores the epidermal tissue, strengthens the dermal layer, moisturizes skin.
– Simmondsia Chinensis(Jojoba) Seed Oil : Prevents moisture loss, forms a moisture barrier.
– Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Prevents the skin from drying, prevents skin diseases.
– Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil : Anti-oxidant effect, regenerates skin cells.
(2) Water Phase : Raspberry extract contains active raspberry compounds.
– Anthocyanin, which gives raspberries their red pigment, revitalizes skin by removing accumulated free radicals with its anti-oxidant effect.
– Abundant Vitamin C improves skin complexion.
– Provides a whitening effect and purifies skin by controlling the generation of melanin in the body.
(3) Crithmum Maritimum, containing phyto-retinol, a substance serving similar functions as retinol thus preventing wrinkles.
(4) Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract controls the aging and differentiation of cells with the dormancy mechanism.
(5) AQUAXYL disperses dead skin cells, making skin feel smooth.
The product comes in a simple box that has a Korean and English side for description and application details. It comes in narrow, frosted glass bottle with a pump and cap.
When the serum is sitting still, the oil and the water parts will divide and sit on top of one another. Before you use the serum, you have to mix it to make sure that the oil and water are mixed together thoroughly.
Before shaking the bottle…..
And AFTER shaking the bottle. See the difference?
The double serum was really liquid-y and runny, which was surprising. I thought that it would be on the thicker side, but it turns out that isn’t the case. You really have to be careful, or else the serums might just run off your fingers, right after you pump it through!
1/2 to one pump should be enough for the whole face. I like to kind of rub the serum with my hands first before I apply it to my face, just to mix it together one more time. Then, I pat the serum on my face.
At first, I thought that I would hate this double serum, because unlike most serums and ampoules that I’ve used, this serum feels warm and even a bit oily at first application, rather than a cooling gel. But, after a couple of seconds, the slightly oily feeling goes away. Like any other skincare product, you should give the serums around 30 seconds to sink in before you add any more product on.
Results + Rating:
I’ve used this serum for about a month now, and it’s been a lifesaver for this winter. It’s really one of the only affordable serums that are able to give me the amount of richness and moisture I need during the winter. That being said, it is very rich, so this isn’t something I would recommend for use during the summer, or for anyone in really hot and humid areas. For winter warriors though, this serum really hits the spot, for an affordable price.
Where to Buy:
You can get this serum on Amazon for around $16.